Friday, March 6, 2009

a child against all odds

yesterday, an amazing friend called me to encourage me. I shoot her wedding a while ago and she and her husband are 2 of the most loving people i know - Anthony & Yvonne.

She was sharing with me her story of fighting fibriods and basically, she was facing reduced chances of conception, yet, just shortly after that news, she is now expecting.

i am happy to know that God has done such amazing work in their life and that she remembers me and is there to encourage me.

i was sharing with her that the trouble now is that i don't know many friends who truly understand our situation. yes, there are very supportive friends but they do not understand childbirth, marriage, mopping floors, starting business. so with time, we have all drift apart.

the only women i know who knows how trying to conceiev was, are the ladies i meet in my belly dancing classes. all of them have children in school already.

definitely because i married at a very young age and these are just not life stages my friends go through now.

i hope you understand that i am not saying that i do not appreciate you as a friend but that our common grounds are disappearing now but one day, when you are going through that phase, i will be there for you. (",)

No comments: